This time of the year is ALWAYS busy for everyone. Last minute shoppers means LOTS of traffic. Im not buying presents this year. Ive never been a big present giver because at the time I was in college and now Im planning a wedding. I hope next year things will be alittle different. I have noticed, since I work at a credit union, that this time of year people are more stressed, mean and worried about money just to buy presents. When I stop and think about it, it really is pathetic. All these people want loans to be able to get Christmas presents. Now I know that kids have to have a Christmas. I was once one. BUT kids now days want expensive stuff like: wii, lab tops, cell phones, cars, you name it. When I was 12 we were lucky to get a bike. Things have changed so much since we were kids. I feel now that Christmas is more about the presents than the true meaning of Christmas.(is it because Im getting older?) I know people as parents wants to provide and give their kids the best. But just remind them its about being with family, giving, how thankful we are and most of all, Jesus.
Im excited because this is the 1st year in our new house and we are having Bradley's family come on Christmas night! Im going to clean like crazy and cook. This will be the first time everyone has been here!
My parents, sister and brother are going to Texas this year for Christmas. We use to go EVERY year when I was little. I can't go with them because I have to work. Im in the big world now! lol
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment